Are you interested in a diverse and responsible job as a Lead Developer? What does a relaxed corporate culture sound like, the best morning coffees, and friendly co-workers who help in any situation? What about easy-to-approach management and an open work atmosphere? If you got excited, you might be the new star we’re looking for.
The Svea group, with more than 2000 employees, is looking for a full-time Lead Developer. We are growing our financial technology team by recruiting skilled developers to our team based in Vaasa, Finland.
In your role as a Lead Developer, you will oversee the development team and the projects they undertake, translate business needs into technical requirements, communicate with both business and development teams, identify risks and monitor the development activities to ensure the products meet certain objectives within the projects' scope.
As a Lead Developer, you have excellent code writing skills and contribute to the technical development using Java Spring Boot technology.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary and employee benefits.
- The possibility to grow your skills and build the depth of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- The opportunity to work in long-term projects.
- To be part of a dedicated team committed to delivering the most innovative, state-of-the-art financial solutions to our customers.
- Relevant work and diverse work tasks: you get to work with business-critical services.
- A skilled and enthusiastic work community: you become part of a work community where everyone's skills are valued and where learning culture is promoted.
- Opportunities brought by an international organization: we are one of the largest companies in the financial sector in the Nordics, but we still operate locally and customer-oriented in Finland.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has teamworking and mentoring skills.
- Is resourceful and can work with minimal supervision.
- Has experience in Java/Kotlin backend development.
- Has knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Holds excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Swedish and/or Finnish language skills are considered as a big advantage).
We hope you have some of the following:
- Comprehensive experience with writing technical specifications and design documents.
- Experience with Spring Boot or similar.
- Experience developing REST APIs.
- Strong Object-Oriented skills and knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Knowledge of working with Git, including branching, pull requests, code reviews and versioning.
- Knowledge with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks, automated unit testing and integration testing.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in Azure DevOps or similar is considered an advantage.
You will primarily work from our office in Vaasa with the flexibility of remote work.
Are you interested?
Great, don't be shy! Please leave your contact details so we can get in touch and tell you more about the position.
The employer is RegTech Ab Oy, which is part of the Svea Group. If you need more information about the job, or about us as an employer, do not hesitate to contact us through the application portal (https://careers.regtech.fi) and we'll schedule a meeting.
The interviews will start immediately, and the position will be filled once a suitable candidate is found.